Investment Banking market moves
Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Appointed Anya Weaving as managing director of the bank’s global natural resources unit, according to a memo seen by Reuters on Monday.
- Weaving, who will join the firm this month, will be based in London and will report to Julian Mylchrest.
RBC Capital Markets:
The investment banking arm of Royal Bank of Canada, has hired Willem Ariens from Nomura as managing director for its Benelux operation.
- Ariens will report to Josh Critchley, Head of European Investment Banking.
- Ariens was most recently a Managing Director in Nomura’s Amsterdam office, responsible for origination and execution of investment banking products and services including M&A, ECM, leveraged finance and risk solutions. He previously worked in M&A at ABN AMRO.
Have hired Paul Stefanik:
- Previously Senior Executive at Deutscher bank. He ran DB’s Wall Street operations.
- Stefanik was hired to build out the industrials team.
Appointed Matthew Gehl:
- Gehl was previously Head of Technology in EMEA at Deutsche Bank and will hold the same position at JP
Hired Lyndon Hsu:
- Hsu was previously HSBC’s Head of Leverage acquisition financing for Asia Pacific
- Hsu is now Global Head of Leveraged and Structured Solutions for Standard Chartered
– Meanwhile Vishesh Gupta has left Standard Chartered as Director of TMT for Asia to join SMBC as Head of TMT for South-East Asia