Meet Our Team
Joined in 2001
Matt is Managing Partner with day-to-day responsibility for the Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (FICC) practice. He joined as a Researcher assisting other consultants in their searches. His meticulous attention to detail and extensive network have established Armstrong’s FICC practice as among the strongest in the City.
Matt concentrates on four key business areas: rates, foreign exchange, credit and commodities. He has conducted numerous senior level assignments across these products, spanning both sell-side and buy-side clients (including many leading hedge funds).
Matt has an unrivalled reputation as a search consultant within FICC, having been responsible for some of the highest-profile moves within the sector. He has conducted assignments in London, New York and Asia.
- Senior UK Fixed income Fund Manager
- Head of EMEA Rates Sales
- Government Bond Trader
Joined in 2010
Alex is responsible for all fixed income sales mandates in Continental Europe and the Middle East, including the ABS and leveraged credit sales functions in the UK. Prior to joining Armstrong, Alex spent 3 years with a global search firm in London focusing on fixed income sales, trading and research roles on a global basis.
- Head of leveraged Credit sales, European Investment Bank
- Head of HY Credit sales, European Investment Bank
- Director ABS sales, European Investment Bank
- Head of Iberian Interest Rate sales, European Investment Bank
- Director Italian Credit Sales, European Investment Bank
- Nordic Interest Rate sales, US Investment Bank
- French Interest Rate sales, European Investment Bank
Joined in 2006
Susie’s primary area of expertise is rates trading, structuring (Financial Institutions /Corporate / Asset and Liability Management) and sales (UK real money, UK solutions, hedge funds, central banks, corporate derivatives). In addition she focuses on assignments across the buy-side and sell-side within Debt Capital Markets (origination, syndicate), Pensions, Insurance Solution Sales and Central Bank Sales across Holland and the UK.
- EGB PM (hedge fund)
- US Treasury PM (hedge fund)
- AUD / NZD PM (hedge fund)
- Sterling Rates PM (hedge fund)
- Generalist Rates Execution Trader (hedge fund)
- Interest Rate Options Execution Trader (hedge fund)
- Head of Sterling Rates Trading (Tier 1 IB)
- Head of EGB Trading (Tier 1 IB)
- VP, MTN Origination (Tier 1 IB)